Terms of ServiceOur latest Terms and Conditions for our website and integrated on-line sales portal.
Terms of Service
Station Ski & Ride is a retailer of seasonal sporting goods, with a physical store located at 227 Main St. Markham N, Markham, ON L3P 1Y6 and an on-line sale presence provided by our website and integrated on-line sales portal at: https ://www.stationskiandride.com. By utilizing this portal, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service and applicable laws and regulations having do with the associated locations, activities and processes. As well, the materials and information contained or presented in or on this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. If you do not agree with these terms, you will not be permitted to use this site for other than for viewing and familiarizing yourself with the products and services we provide, and using the website for other actions are deemed to confirm your acceptance of these applicable terms and conditions.
2. Use License
- By agreeing, permission is granted to temporarily access the materials and information on Station Ski & Ride’s website for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify the materials or information;
- use the materials or information for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any technology or software associated with or contained on Station Ski & Ride’s website and/or on-line portals or linked sites;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials or information to another person or "mirror" the materials or information on any other server or computing system.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Station Ski & Ride at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you are required to remove any downloaded materials then in your possession, whether in electronic or printed format.
- The on-line sales portal is provided so that customers can buy, on-line, goods directly through our e-commerce enabled website.
- Station Ski & Ride has made the on-line purchase as easy as possible using leading and familiar technologies and service providers to facilitate the process.
- Once a product has been selected, and a decision made to purchase it on-line, the customer, after selecting the “Buy” button, has the selected product presented within a page that highlights the product and asks for personal information from the buyer, such as name and address, phone number and e-mail address.
- If more than one product is chosen it, and the other products, are then added to the “Cart” and per-item product purchase costs assigned.
- The shipping address is then associated with the means of delivery, namely:
- by the business;
- by post or courier;
- by direct from a third party; or
- by pick-up from our premises.
- The address and the mode of delivery settled, the customer is now presented with the calculated delivery cost, determined and provided to the customer from the portal having the product(s), address and delivery method identified and so can generate a delivery charge, that is then entered in the system.
- Any further element related to the sale, coupons, credits etc., is then added to the Cart generated list.
- To remind us that we are not alone, the system then calculates the HST associated with this purchase, and presents both the line items and total amounts, including HST, to the customer.
- To pay for this purchase the customer is directed to the familiar “PayPal” button which offers the customer a wide range of payment options, and does not require that the customer have a PayPal account to proceed.
- Once processed, the customer will receive a confirming e-mail with relevant details of the purchase, and Station Ski & Ride will be notified that the order has been paid for and can initiate the purchase and delivery process as requested.
4. Contract of Sale
- The law associated with such sales are largely based on “Common Law” as it relates to the fundamentals of contracts, such as:
- Offer – which will have been accepted by the customer in setting up a particular purchase scenario [3B];
- Acceptance – which will have been reached and confirmed by the use of the on-line portal and associated documentation ;
- Price – will have been accepted through completion of the purchase process;
- Payment – will have been accepted as confirmed by the subsequent shipment of the purchased goods;
- Delivery – will be confirmed by possession of the goods by the customer and/or supported by the delivery records provided by the delivery entity;
- Returns – will require a Return Approval (RA) document issued by the seller, following a reasonable review of the return request and customer reasons for such a requisition. New, unopened and unused items returned within 14 days from receipt may be refunded on return; if returned 15-30 days from delivery the product may be eligible for store credit, except for Final Sale or deeply discounted items which cannot be retuned or exchanged;
- Dispute Resolution – should a dispute arise, the parties will firstly enter a fair-minded discussion with a view to amiable settlement or, should that fail, agree to be subjected to mediation and accept its outcome;
- Liabilities & Risk– are set out below in Section 5 and 6 [5-6];
- Territory – Station Ski & Ride ships only in Canada and only to individual customers;
- Primary Shipper – the primary will be Canada Post and the buyer will have access to their supporting information, reports and tracking;
- Delivery Certification – Canada Post will not release a package to a customer absent an “Adult Signature” certifying delivery;
- Assembly – certain products will require assembly and, for bicycles, neither Station Ski & Ride or the manufacturer assumes any responsibility for bikes or other similar customer assembled by others; self or unauthorized assembly may void any supplier or manufacturers warranty. Additionally, once assembled these items are designated “final sale” products. Station Ski & Ride strongly recommends that, if possible, bikes, in particular, be assembled and adjusted by our professional staff, and picked up at the store, and local delivery of an assembled bike may be available.
In no event shall Station Ski & Ride, or its suppliers, be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of opportunity, data, sales or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use of, or inability to use, the products, materials or information on Station Ski & Ride’s website, even if Station Ski & Ride, or a Station Ski & Ride authorized representative, has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Station Ski & Ride has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Station Ski & Ride of the site. Use of any such linked website is entirely at the user’s own risk.
- With regard to the products or sale as shown on the website, the materials and/or information on the Station Ski & Ride site are provided to introduce products produced, provided and described by others. Station Ski & Ride makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Station Ski & Ride does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the products, materials or information on its website, or otherwise relating to such products, materials or information on any sites linked to this site.
- The materials and information appearing on Station Ski & Ride’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Station Ski & Ride does not warrant that the materials or information on its website are accurate, complete or current. Station Ski & Ride may make changes to the materials or information contained on its website at any time and without notice. And, Station Ski & Ride does not make any commitment to update the materials or information so provided.
Station Ski & Ride may revise these terms of service for its website and/or on-line sales at any time without notice. By using this website and/or on-line sales portal, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ontario, Canada and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that Province.
These Terms are effective from May 1, 2020
Visit Us Today
Visit Station Ski and Ride for good prices, better gear and the best service.
Station Ski & Ride is your local, world class source for Bikes in the Summer and Skis, Boards, Boots, Clothing and Accessories in the Fall and Winter seasons.
We pride ourselves on product knowledge and quality, and on providing exceptional customer service and expert support.
Monday to Friday - 12 Noon to 7pm
Saturday - 10am to 6pm
Sunday - 12pm to 5pm